Welcome to the Manatee County Property Appraiser’s on-line homestead exemption application
system. We are providing this system in an attempt to make filing for homestead
exemption and other personal exemptions a little more convenient for you, the property
In order to process your application on-line, our office must reflect the property
ownership in your name. If you have recently closed on your property, please allow
our office 60 days from your closing to process the deed and ownership change. If
the March 1st deadline is approaching, please come into our office to file in person.
Our office address is 915 4th Avenue West, Bradenton.
The following applications may also be filed on-line with the homestead exemption
- Other personal exemptions such as widows, widowers, blind, disability, service connected
- Transfer of Assessment Difference (Portability)
The following applications must be filed in person at our office:
- Property ownerships not posted to your name
- Adding additional exemptions to an existing homestead exemption
- Adding additional applicants to a parcel that already has an existing homestead
- If the property is owned in a trust, and you are not listed on our records as having
a beneficial interest or as trustee of the trust.
- It is important that you print a copy of your application as your receipt. This
is your confirmation that you have applied for a property tax exemption. In order
to print your receipt, you must have Adobe Reader.
- If additional information is required to complete your filing, a form will also
print at the end of the application process listing any additional items needed.
You MUST submit to our office the requested information to complete the application.
- If you have any questions on filing for property tax exemptions, please contact
our office at 941-748-8208.
The next page will detail the documents required to complete the application.